Role and Responsibilities
Seeking qualified candidates to fill a full-time Embedded Hardware/Software Engineer position within a dynamic, growing instrumentation technology company. The position is responsible for design, build, program, and test of embedded software and circuit designs, primarily for acoustic instrumentation. Additionally, this individual works with the rest of our R&D team to improve, develop, and integrate other subcomponents into IC2’s systems. The Interdisciplinary Consulting Corporation (IC2) is seeking individuals who can perform all or many of the following responsibilities. Candidates with partial qualifications are still encouraged to apply.
- Lead the design of embedded signal processing electronics
- Lead the design of embedded software/firmware (uC and FPGA)
- Lead the design and test of simulated digital processing algorithms
- Select parts and create manufacturable circuit schematics from high level designs
- Write and maintain instrumentation grade embedded software/firmware
- Coordinate the purchasing, fabrication, and assembly of newly designed electronic systems
- Create and perform system qualification and test procedures for embedded electronic systems
- Establish and maintain circuit/code/system design documentation following industry standard practices
- Document system test set-ups and results
- Utilize analytical tools & techniques to debug and solve software/hardware issues
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS/MS in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering with a concentration on embedded circuits and software
- 2-10 years of industry engineering experience
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Programming in C and experience with micro-controller development environment experience
- Programming in Python especially experience with signal processing
- Experience with digital PCB design and assembly processes, PCB-level testing and debug.
- Advanced theory and practical application of digital circuit test processes, test equipment and data analysis to analyze circuit/code performance.
- Working independently to complete routine and novel digital design, test, and fabrication tasks
- Desire and ability to work in fast-paced interdisciplinary and challenging, but work environment
- Desire and ability to pick up new skills within and outside of traditional electrical engineering areas
IC2 offers a highly competitive salary, a flexible work environment, and excellent benefits including 3 weeks of annual personal leave, 8 paid holidays, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
IC2 is a fast-growing sensor technology company, headquartered in Gainesville, FL, and focused on bringing advances in microsensing to the aerospace industry. With a deep knowledge of aerospace testing requirements, expertise in sensor design and microfabrication, and over two decades of research and rigorous testing, IC2 delivers scientific-grade precision sensors that push the envelope of aerospace measurement accuracy and performance.